Bob ventured to Utah for his latest painting. Colorful cliffs tower over the log schoolhouse in the Fruita Historic District within Capitol Reef National Park. Mormons settled in the area around 1880, planting orchards along the Fremont River. Families built the rough-hewn, one room school in 1896. Eighteen–year-old Nettie Behunin taught the first 22 students. Classes continued until 1941. The National Park Service received certification on the National Register of Historic Places for the structure and restored it to the 1930s period.